Tomorrow is MEN MAKE DINNER DAY! We’ll talk about it on my radio show (http://marlar.podomatic.com) as well.
And here are the official rules for MEN MAKE DINNER DAY…
- Man agrees to participate in men make dinner day. Bonus points if he does so without seeking promise of night out with boys in return.
- Man, completely un-aided, chooses a ‘published’ recipe from any source, or Internet. Getting the recipe from ‘her’ cookbooks is allowed, but man gets bonus points if the recipe isn’t already somewhere in the house. BARBEQUE IS NOT ALLOWED!
- Main meal must include minimum of 4 ingredients and require at least one cooking utensil other than a fork
- Man goes shopping for ‘all’ necessary ingredients. Bonus points if he takes inventory of cupboards and fridge first, before shopping trip. So you don’t end up with two 64 ounce jars of pickled pimentos.
- Man organizes all necessary ingredients in order of importance on kitchen counter. At this point, he may need to make a phone call or shout out the word ‘honey’! Followed by a question. This is not allowed.
- Man may, if desired, turn on radio or his favorite CD. Man agrees not to be within 30 feet of TV remote during cooking process. At this point, spouse and any other family members should not be anywhere near kitchen. (unless smoke detector goes off!)
- Following recipe carefully, man starts to cook dinner! Apron is optional, tool belt is not allowed. (bonus points if recipe includes one of the following : capers, saffron, or the word ‘scallopini’).
- Man must use the ‘clean as he goes along’ rule! Following each completed use of utensils, cookware, half-used jars of anything, spice bottles, etc., everything is rinsed, cleaned and put away
- Man sets table, candles are lit, beverages are poured, no ketchup bottles, sour cream containers, or big boxes of salt on table.
- Spouse and/or family members are served! This is an opportune time for a photo. Man is ‘allowed’ to gloat no more than three times during the meal. Family is encouraged to congratulate man on job well done. Family dog is not allowed to be secretly fed man’s cooking.
- After meal, table is cleared by man, dishwasher is loaded. Man returns to table for stimulating after-dinner conversation. At this point, man is told how much his meal was appreciated. He, in turn, describes the joys and challenges of the experience. He is given a hug, and his TV remote is returned to him.
Also coming up on Friday’s Darren Marlar Radio Show…
Dragon sausage… what kind of meat do you think that is? I’ll let you know.
I now have a favorite judge… and her name is Faith Johnson. I’ll tell you why she’s my favorite.
Are you a boss that calls your employees at home? Well STOP it – you might get sued for doing that!
We’ll take a look at the five most common ways to catch the cold and flu.
If you’re looking for a job, you’ll want to avoid the job-seeking scams – I’ll share a few of those scams with you.
We’ll also look at the latest movies hitting theatres this weekend.
All of that and more on Friday’s Darren Marlar Radio Show!
Listen LIVE to the “Darren Marlar Radio Show” 1p-5p Eastern Time at http://www.1035CapitalFM.ca, or get the podcast immediately after the show at http://marlar.podomatic.com! Feel free to call the show anytime toll free at 1-866-DARREN-3 (866-327-7363)!