Today is BEST FRIEND’S DAY, a day to do something fun with your best friend. ***MARLAR: It’s not like you’d get together with your best friend just for the heck of it now, would you?
NATIONAL FAILURES DAY. ***MARLAR: They have yet to organize a successful celebration.
Today is NATIONAL RELAXATION DAY, an excuse for every overworked, underpaid person to do what they’d rather be doing.
Some tips on how to relax:
- Find a quiet place, and lie down or sit comfortably.
- Tense muscles in one hand, then relax them. Do the same with the rest of that side of your body, tensing and then relaxing each part separately: Forearm, upper arm, shoulder, foot, calf, thigh. Repeat this on the other side of the body starting again with the hand.
- Loosen your hip muscles and let a wave of relaxation pass up from your abdomen to your chest.
- Now let the wave of relaxation continue into your shoulders, neck, jaws and the muscles of your face.
- Finish the drill by imagining your forehead growing cool — as though you’re telling it to chill.