Today is STAY HOME WITH YOUR KIDS DAY, a day to support and encourage stay-at-home parents. ***MARLAR: And if you’re already at work, just go up to your boss and tell him or her that Marlar said you’re supposed to stay at home today with your kids. I’m sure your boss will understand.
Today is NATIONAL TELL A JOKE DAY. ***MARLAR: And if you happen to be a stay-at-home parent, you probably get enough jokes as it is. How many times can you hear “Knock, knock – who’s there – banana” before going a little bananas yourself?
Today is REMEMBER WHAT YOUR SPOUSE WORE THE FIRST TIME YOU MET DAY. ***MARLAR: Ooh… if anything was designed to get husbands in trouble, it’s this day! Personally, I do remember what Robin was wearing that first day we met… a red and white polka-dot dress. At least, I think it was red and white… maybe it was stripes. Then again, come to think of it, she was wearing blue jeans and an orange t-shirt. Crud… I’m in big trouble.
Today is NATIONAL TRUE LOVE FOREVER DAY. ***MARLAR: Only a woman’s true love could get past her husband not remembering the special things… like what she was wearing the first day you met.
This is NATIONAL FRIENDSHIP WEEK. (August 15-21) And the type of friends you prefer reveals a lot about your personality, says psychologist Dr. Elayne Kahn, co-author of “1001 Ways You Reveal Your Personality.”
- Just one close friend — You need someone to confide in and trust. You don’t trust people very easily, but once you do you’re very loyal. You take friendship very seriously and never take your friends for granted.
- Friends of your own sex only — You enjoy tradition and believe boys should be boys and girls should be girls. You’re more comfortable when people are in more traditional roles. You enjoy friends who have something in common with you.
- Friends of the opposite sex only — You enjoy being the center of attention, but don’t like competing for it. Intimacy is very important to you, and you’re capable of deep relationships.
- Friends you just party with — You love to socialize, but don’t like people getting too close. You’re very independent and want to stay that way – and you especially don’t like to become dependent on one person.
- Friends from the workplace — You love achieving, working hard, making money and always moving ahead. All things in your life – including friendships – are geared toward making your career as successful as possible.
- Different friends for different occasions — If, for example, you go dancing with one group of friends and play touch football with another, you’re well-organized, but don’t like to become too involved with people. You’re a busy, active person.