1. Focus on listening more and talking less. Listening requires greater concentration.
2. Avoid hanging around negative people. Thinking positive stimulates the brain as well as brightens your day.
3. Stick to a healthy diet of protein foods, fruit and veggies. It gives you brain power.
4. Avoid high fat foods. Fat clogs the arteries that supply blood to the brain.
5. Take vitamins, especially vitamin E, zinc and Ginko Baloba. Some tests show this can help aging and memory.
6. Read, read, read and do crossword puzzles. It’s exercise for the brain.
7. Avoid excessive alcohol. Too much may result in loss of brain cells.
8. Plan activities with others. Socialization offsets brain laziness.
9. Avoid unnecessary medication. Losing weight, lowering blood pressure and high cholesterol levels can often be achieved through diet and exercise instead of drugs. Learn the side effects of medication you take. Some types of sleep aids may cause memory loss.
10. Maintain a daily exercise and workout schedule. It improves blood circulation to the brain.