Here’s how to do all your Christmas shopping in one day.
- Make a list — Make a list of the gifts you need to buy and include a backup gift in case you can’t find what you’re looking for. There’s no law that says you have to give everyone a different gift.
- Shop online — Online merchants allow you to purchase a variety of products from the comfort of your home.
- Establish a budget — Assign a dollar amount to each gift and you might avoid overspending.
- Prepare an itinerary — Get organized and map out your targets. Also, call stores beforehand to confirm they have what you’re looking for.
- Select a day — The trick to getting all your shopping done in one day is picking the right day. Avoid shopping on the weekend — that’s when everybody goes. Shop on a weekday, as early in the week as possible to avoid traffic, lineups and parking fiascoes.
- Don’t spend more time than necessary in one store — If, after a brief survey of the premises, you can’t locate the coveted item, wave a salesperson over and ask them to get it for you.
- Read the fine print — To avoid nasty surprises upon gift giving, keep every receipt and ask each store about its return policy.