SUPER BOWL MONDAY…
A group calling themselves SBM (for Super Bowl Monday) has started a petition to have the Monday following each Super Bowl designated as a federal holiday. While it’s not a totally bad idea, it is a bit ridiculous to give everyone a day off just because of a sporting event the day before. If it’s that easy to get a holiday, here are a few more suggestions…
- Annual “Week after Thanksgiving When I’m Bloated And Wish I Hadn’t Eaten So Much” Week. ***MARLAR: If I have to feel like that, I at least want to feel like that on my couch!
- Annual “Day After Groundhog’s Day” Day. ***MARLAR: If I wake up and see my shadow, I shouldn’t have to go in to work.
- December 26th. ***MARLAR: When else are we going to return all of the crud we received for Christmas that we don’t want to keep?
- Easter Monday. ***MARLAR: It’s not fair to anyone that a national holiday always falls on a Sunday. We need to get at least ONE day off for it.
- Veterans Day. ***MARLAR: All veterans get the day off with pay… period. If you have veterans in your family, that counts too. And so does ever watching a war movie. Or even thinking about watching one.