- Today is the first day of SUMMER.
- Today is STOCK UP ON ANTIPERSPIRANT DAY. ***MARLAR: After all, it IS the first day of Summer – you’re going to need it!
- Today is NATIONAL AIMLESS WANDERING DAY. ***MARLAR: Also known as “(THE JOCK SHOW).”
- Today is CUCKOO WARNING DAY. ***MARLAR: Much like Groundhog Day, but with a twist. It will be a wet summer if the cuckoo is heard today.
- Today is BABY BOOMER RECOGNITION DAY. ***MARLAR: And here’s a quick test. The more of these you remember, the more likely it is that you’re a Baby Boomer…
DO YOU REMEMBER…
* “Cruising” on a Friday night, listening to the Top 40 on your AM radio?
* How much popcorn you made when you got that first microwave?
* When there were only 3 TV channels — and it was so hard to choose what to watch!
* Where you were when JFK was shot? (or RLK or MLK?)
* When the “Domino Theory” meant something other than planning to have pizza for dinner?
* Who shot J.R.?
* How scary it was to open that first Apple II to add a card to increase the RAM from 16K all the way up to 64K?
* When your teenage son or daughter first told you about the Internet?
* When the Beatles sang “I Want To Hold Your Hand” to Ed Sullivan?
* How “neat” it was to hear the Beach Boys actually sing surfing music at the beach, on your transistor radio?
* When you bought your first car that actually had seatbelts installed?
* When you said that you’d never trust anyone over 30?
* What a TV test pattern looked like, when the channel went off the air at midnight?
* When we gave up trying to win “hearts and minds” and settled for “peace with honor?”
* When the price of gas jumped up to 50 cents per gallon?
* Watching the first man walk on the moon with “one small step…?”