Here are some fast, simple and delicious suggestions for revitalizing cooked turkey.
- Turkey Bruschetta. Brush slices of Italian bread with olive oil. Top with minced garlic and toast in the oven. Spoon on a combination of turkey, shredded mozzarella cheese and chopped fresh basil. Broil until cheese melts.
- Hot and spicy turkey chili. Combine sauteed green pepper and onion with turkey, canned tomatoes, canned red kidney beans and a touch of crushed red pepper. Top with corn chips.
- Turkey grape salad. Combine turkey with halved green grapes, toasted sliced almonds, sliced green onions, orange zest and light mayonnaise.
- Turkey stir fry. Stir turkey into stir fried broccoli florets and red bell pepper strips. Add minced garlic, fresh ginger, soy sauce and a sprinkle of sesame oil.
- Turkey and spinach Tetrazzini. Combine turkey with cooked spaghetti, chopped sun dried tomatoes, a thawed package of frozen creamed spinach, minced garlic, and Parmesan cheese. Bake until heated through.
- Breaded turkey Italian style. Dip turkey slices in beaten egg, coat with fine bread crumbs and brown in melted butter. Transfer to baking dish and top with spaghetti sauce, shredded mozzarella cheese, chopped mushrooms and green pepper. Bake until cheese melts.
***MARLAR: And finally, turkey flakes. Just dry some turkey flakes in the oven and sneak ’em into a box of corn flakes.