Our Program Director and General Manager have been having meetings all week – it’s just now that we’ve discovered that they’re looking for a new sales person. However, I did notice on the web the other day a job listing that looked suspicious to me – turns out it was for us! It talked about how we were looking for go-getter sales people – “NO WIMPS.” So… the question is, what exactly is a WIMP? We’ve come up with a few options:
1. White Introverted Male Putz – we don’t want THAT on the sales team!
2. Wily Intelligent Master Personality – that sounds way too heady. Besides, I already have the ego thing going, we don’t need somebody else doing that.
3. Winner In Many Places – yeah, that could work.
4. Western Iowa Meat Packer – well, as long as he’s willing to commute every day.
5. Wasted In My Prime – yeah, but that describes just about every radio person on Earth.
6. Wanderer Into Mountain Pastures – now that is one area we’ve not been looking for new blood – mountain pastures!
7. Well Instructed Mandolin Player – I don’t think so. We don’t need to give our Program Director any ideas on changing the format.
8. What Is My Problem? – but then we’re back to me again.
9. Weird Insane Mental Patient – me.
10. Where Is My Paycheck? – yeah, this one’s my favorite.